As many are still unaware of the benefits of Suction Excavation and how to safely apply this technology, here is Force One's recipe for safe, effective results. (In no particular order).
- Plastic Nozzle - When operating within close proximity to services, the operative must use a plastic nozzle to eliminate risk to the service and surrounding personnel.
- Bright Coloured Nozzle - The intake nozzle should always be clear and visible as this is the working end of the Suction Excavator.
- Air Lance - No spades or invasive equipment should be used when around services, instead, non-conductive (plastic) air lances should be used to agitate the ground by using compressed air.
- Two-Operative Team - With the CPA Good Practice Guide outlining the importance of the additional skilled operative, these machines, to operate safely and effectively, should come with two-operative team.
- A78 Trained and Certified - With the CPA and CPCS introducing the A 78 (A-H) certification for safe use of Suction Excavators, all operatives must hold the relevant certification.
To find out more about how this technology works, please visit our How Does It Work page.